Peer Reviewed Conferences
12. "Supplementing Arendt." Paper presented at The American Academy of Religion Annual Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, November 18-21, 2017.
11. "Suspending the Political: Sovereignty in Scholem, Barth and Qutb." Paper presented at The American Academy of Religion Annual Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, November 23-26, 2013.
10. "What Is This Strange Technological Thing Called the Bible." Paper presented at the Bible and Critical Theory Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, September 1-2, 2012.
9. “Canon after Codex." Paper presented at the American Academy of Religion Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, October 30 - November 2, 2010.
8. “Seinsweise in Barth’s Theology.” Paper presented at the Society for the Study of Theology Annual Conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands, April 1-2, 2009.
7. “Karl Barth and Jürgen Habermas: Christianity and Global Civil Society.” Paper presented at the American Academy of Religion Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., November 18-21, 2006.
6. “The Post-Ontological Paul?” Paper presented at the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., November 18-21, 2006.
5. “Barth’s Prolegomena to Any Future Protestant Metaphysics which Can Possibly Pretend to Be a Science.” Paper presented at the Belief and Metaphysics Conference, The Centre of Philosophy and Theology at the University of Nottingham in partnership with the Instituto de Filosofia Edith Stein de Granada, Spain, September 15-18, 2006.
4. “Heidegger’s Hidden Theology: Revisiting Martin Luther’s Influence upon Martin Heidegger.” Paper presented at the 16th Conference of the European Society for Philosophy of Religion, Tübingen, Germany, September 1-4, 2006.
3. “Christian Particularism in Postmodern Contexts.” Paper presented at The Society for the Study of Theology Annual Conference, University of Leeds, England, April 3-6, 2006.
2. “Cyber-Space of Possibles.” Paper presented at The Cyberspace Conference, Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, November 7-8, 2005.
1. “Urban Surveillance: From Concentration Camps to Disneyland.” Paper presented at The Third International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, University of Cambridge, August 2-5, 2005. Re-presented at The Fourth Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts & Humanities, Honolulu, Hawai’i, January 11-14, 2006.
8. "Bonhoeffer and the Judaism Question." Paper presented at the Annual Australian Bonhoeffer Conference, Kincumber, Australia, November 15-16, 2013.
7. "Religion in Public: A Theory of Metaphor." Paper presented at the Political Religion in Secular Australia, Newcastle, Australia, July 22-23, 2013.
6. “Religion in Political Life.” Public presentation at the New Institute Public Forum, Newcastle Civic Hall, May 22, 2013.
5. “Theology between Religion and Politics.” Morpeth Public Lecture, Newcastle, Australia, May 29, 2012.
4. “Canon after Codex." Paper presented at the Group for Religious and Intellectual Traditions at the University of Newcastle, Australia, May 24, 2011.
3. “Job: A Serious Man.” Paper presented at the Institute for Theology, Imagination and the Arts Research Seminar at the University of St. Andrews, May 14, 2010.
2. “Why Protestant Metaphysics Today?” Paper presented at the Theology Research Seminar at the University of St. Andrews, April 21, 2010.
1. “The Return of the Scroll: From Codex to Google.” Paper presented at the Valuing Theological Education Conference, The University of Oxford, January 4-6, 2010.